Clay Haus Investigation #3

Note:       PRSNA does not usually use psychics in our investigations.  However, in an effort to determine how the spirits at this site react to different people and circumstance, we did invite two psychics.  Although we cannot prove their abilities, some of the members of this team have been impressed by the abilities shown by one of these individuals under different circumstances.  This experiment was conducted strictly for research purposes.

Location: Somerset, Ohio

Date: April 25, 2003

Time: 11:00 p.m.-3:30 a.m.

Moon Phase: Waning crescent

Solar weather: M Class flare, geomagnetic storm

Investigators Present: Paul Murdoch, Shonda Addington, Robert Hall, Hillary Murdoch, guest psychics Kelli and Donna

Equipment used: Olympus C-3000 digital camera, Kodak DC280 digital camera, RCA digital voice recorder, Sony digital video camera with Nightshot, Pentax PC-550 35mm camera, Extech EMF meter, Olympus 2000 Digital Voice Recorder, Sony Digital-8 Handycam, Extech IR thermometer, Sony Hi-8 Cam
Olympus C-4000 Digital Camera, Trifield EMF meter

History: See previous Clay Haus investigation reports, or the Clay Haus website at

Investigation: Paul and I arrived at the Clay Haus around 11:00, and found Robert, Shonda, Kelli and Donna talking in the main dining room. Kelli was discussing the hauntings at the restaurant and telling Scott what she was "picking up". At 12:45, Shonda, Robert, Paul and I went up to the Blue room on the second floor to conduct an EVP session, while Kelly and Donna stayed downstairs and chatted. We didn't get much orb activity while we were upstairs, but we I did get a few questionable recordings.
 After returning to the first floor to gather some equipment, we all (Paul, Robert, Shonda, Kelli, Donna and I) went back up to the blue room at 2:00 a.m. This is when I discovered that my newly charged video battery had been partially drained. I lost over two ours of recording time! After setting up the infrared video camera in the corner, we all sat down for an EVP session. Kelli explained that she didn't think that the place would be very active because most of the energy in the building was used up during her reading.
 We didn't get much for the first eighteen minutes, but then I got a small moving orb over Shonda's head! About thirty seconds later, Kelli said "look at the red light on Shonda's shirt, that's them". We all turned to look at Shonda, and sure enough, we saw a bright light reflecting off Shonda's white shirt. I asked Shonda if there was a red light on her camera which could have been causing the backlit effect, but she said that there wasn't (we're still waiting to conduct tests to see if we can re-create this light). About fifteen seconds later, the light disappeared. At 2:45, Robert said that he felt a temperature change. Kelli said that she just saw a form pass by him. A minute later, I got an orb over his head.  A little later, Shonda’s camera refused to take pictures for several minutes and then suddenly began working again.   After the EVP session, we noticed that a cabinet door near where Shonda was sitting- was ajar.
 At 3:00 a.m., we moved downstairs to the main dining room. We turned out the lights and began an EVP session at 3:09. Two minutes and twenty second into the session, we all heard a floorboard creak next to Kelli. I took a picture and got a moving orb over her head! Two minutes later, Kelli said that she heard a noise like someone snapping their fingers in the small room between the main dining room and kitchen. I got up and moved over to the doorway between the two rooms. Three minutes later, I distinctly felt someone touch the back of my hand…the hand that was holding the camera out in front of me! 
 Around 3:30, we started to pack up our stuff to leave. Robert went into the stairwell to get the recorder that he had left running there earlier in the night. When we bent over to pick up the recorder, he heard a footstep on the steps just above him.

Conclusion: This is the third time that we have investigated the Clay Haus restaurant. Although it was not as active that night as it has been in the past, we definitely experienced some strange things that we have never experienced before. Was this due to the psychics we brought along? There's only one way to determine this…more research!

Once again, we would like to thank Scott Snider and the entire Snider family for their hospitality!

Submitted by Hillary Murdoch